Video Description: 欧柏林的语言
This silent video makes quick cuts, with each of the following segments lasting 2 or 3 seconds.
- Looking up at office buildings from the same street.
- A student practices 西班牙语 on a blackboard
- A professor of 意大利 teaches students.
- A professor gestures to students to join her.
- A close-up of a translated poem.
- A close-up of an ancient manuscript.
- A professor works with a student.
- A student waives hello from her study abroad site.
- A student crushes grapes with a group as part of his study abroad experience.
- A professor and student share a laugh.
- A professor teaches from a blackboard.
- A group of students read a poem aloud.
- A student reads in front of a bright window.
- A tractor carries grapes during sunset.
The video then loops back to the beginning.
Experience the Joy of Immersion
Whether you hope to translate a Murakami short story, practice public health in Honduras, 西伯利亚研究朋克, or discover the business and culture of champagne in France, Oberlin unlocks the transformative power of multilingual learning.
Oberlin Languages At a Glance
Learning a language gives you a new perspective on the world.
Language is a powerful technology. It lays the foundation for meaningful relationships in a global age. It gives students an edge for rigorous academic study and opens professional avenues both at home and abroad. At Oberlin we offer sixteen language-based 课程的途径, 四个语言学院, over a hundred 学习节目, and our own immersive faculty-led courses around the world.
跨学科辅修, literary translation brings together creative writing, 比较文学, and Oberlin’s many language departments. Students pursuing the minor study the history and theory of literary translation while developing their own extended translation projects. Each year the annual Jed Deppman Translation Symposium invites a distinguished translator to hold workshops before a presentation of student work.
The Classroom is Just the Beginning
Oberlin’s faculty-designed 学习节目 bring foreign languages to life by situating academic subjects in real-world geographies. Whether for a month over winter term or part of our June block course, students form life-long memories, putting skills into action and reaping the rewards of their dedicated language study.
Oberlin and the Fulbright Award
有密切的教师指导, excellence in area-specific undergraduate research, and an ethos of global citizenship, Oberlin consistently sends recent graduates on fellowships to teach and conduct research around the world. After more than a decade on the Fulbright top producers list, the fellowship has become a part of Oberlin culture.
- Majors: 俄罗斯/East European studies and 比较文学
- Majors: anthropology, 比较文学, and 法国
- Majors: 德国 studies and politics
- Majors: Hispanic studies, law and society